2021-22 Pandemic plan
- You may the Pandemic Plan info-graphic about at: https://www.goshenschools.org/schoolplan
- The full Pandemic Plan for the school year is at: https://www.goshenschools.org/files/2021/07/GCS-Pandemic-Plan-.pdf
- ALL PARTS OF THE PANDEMIC PLAN ARE SUBJECT TO MODIFICATION IF THE SEVERITY OF THE PANDEMIC CHANGES OR THERE ARE CHANGES IN FEDERAL, STATE, OR LOCAL GUIDANCE.
- All modifications will be posted on the district website and GCS social media and sent through ParentSquare.
This year, GCS will provide many of the school supplies normally found on supply lists. However, parents will be responsible for a few items.
- Elementary School & Goshen Intermediate School
- gym shoes
- water bottle
- Goshen Junior High School and Goshen High School
- pens & pencils
- water bottle
- gym shoes (if students are taking P.E.)
- Please note that some schools may have their own supply lists. Those lists will be mailed out.
Late Start/Early Release
- GCS will not have late start Mondays. Instead, most school schedules will be adjusted on Wednesdays.
- Elementary Schools-Early Release on Wednesdays at 1:45 p.m.
- Goshen Intermediate School (GIS)-There will be NO adjustments to the weekly schedule.
- GJHS and GHS-Late Start Wednesdays, start time will be 9:05 a.m.
- For the full Monday-Friday Regular Schedule and the 2-Hour Delay Schedule, go to: https://www.goshenschools.org/schoolhours
School Meals/Curricular Material Expenses
- GCS will provide free meals to all students during the 2021-22 school year, via the USDA.
- Since all schools are on provisional status and students get free meals, ALL GCS families should fill out the Household Application for Free and Reduced-Price School Meals and turn it in. Each family will fill out one application with the names of all students in the household.
- GCS can use the applications to determine if families qualify for Curricular Material (Textbook) assistance. You cannot get assistance if you do not complete the application.
- Applications may be picked up in the Administration Center, in any GCS school, or found online at https://www.goshenschools.org/food-services/meal-applications
- All elementary school Walk Zones may be found at https://www.goshenschools.org/walk-zones There is no Walk Zone for Waterford.
- GIS students who live in an Elementary Walk Zone will walk to the elementary school, then catch a bus at the elementary to transfer to GIS. For example, a 5th-grade student who lives in the Chandler Walk Zone will walk to Chandler and get on a bus that will take them to GIS.
- Bus transportation for GHS students who do not live in the GHS walk zone must be requested through the form attached to the Thursday, July 15 ParentSquare post. You will need to complete a form for each student attending GHS.
- Check your walk zone at this link https://www.goshenschools.org/walk-zones
- If you live within the walk zone you do not need to complete this form.
- This form needs to be completed as soon as possible so that transportation may be scheduled prior to the start of school.
- If you have questions about your child’s transportation, please call the transportation department as soon as possible, 574-533-7176.
- You may also email transportation at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Transportation staff can assist you in English or Spanish.
Parent Contact Information
- If you have moved, changed your phone number, or added a new email, please share that information with GCS.
- You may make changes in Skyward, by calling your child’s school, or by calling Central Registration at 574-971-4149. Please make all changes prior to the first day of school.
- Remember, we cannot reach you in an emergency if we do not have your contact information!