(Spanish will post when available)
Many students and staff have been asking about traveling with Fall Break coming. The recommendation would be to limit traveling during COVID-19. If you do travel, follow all the guidelines:
Stay home if you are sick
Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. If no soap and water, use hand sanitizer.
Maintain physical distancing from all contacts other than those in your social bubble.
Wear a mask – The CDC recommends wearing a mask when in public places. Wearing a mask is not a substitute for physical distancing.
Limit your activities – Interact with the people in your social bubble and not the general public.
United States Travel
If you are traveling inside the United States, you will not need to automatically quarantine when you return. Please check with your school nurse with any specific questions.
Outside of the United States
The following website has all countries listed in Levels of Risk. Most countries are listed under High Risk.
Please go to this site and check your country before you travel.
If you travel to a High-Risk Country, here are the recommendations:
You may have been exposed to COVID-19 on your travels. You may feel well and not have any symptoms, but you can be contagious without symptoms and spread the virus to others. You and your travel companions (including children) pose a risk to your family, friends, and community for 14 days after you were exposed to the virus. Regardless of where you traveled or what you did during your trip, take these actions to protect others from getting sick:
- Stay at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) from anyone who is not from your household. It’s important to do this everywhere — both indoors and outdoors.
- Wear a mask to keep your nose and mouth covered when you are outside of your home.
- Wash your hands often or use hand sanitizer.
- Watch your health: Look for symptoms of COVID-19, and take your temperature if you feel sick.
- Because you have a higher risk for exposure to COVID-19, take additional recommended precautions
Because you traveled to a destination where COVID-19 risk is high, also take the following steps after travel:
- Stay home as much as possible. As stated above, for 14 days.
- Avoid being around people at higher risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
- Consider getting tested for COVID-19.